Friday, December 14, 2012

Juicy

So today is the official beginning of my juice fast. I have all the supplies and I made a big thing of juice yesterday, so here we go! I don't actually have a juicer, so what I do is blend everything up really well in my Ninja blender, then I pour it through a strainer and press all of the remaining juice out of the pulp with a spatula. It takes a little bit of work, but it will be worth it. I'm starting out at 132 :/ (my BF brought home a chicken sandwich with fries last night, and I couldn't refuse it because he made it himself at work.) The good ting is, I work all weekend, and he does too, so he doesn't really see if I eat or not. So December  14-21 just juice, then 22&23 I'll move onto smoothies. Today's recipe is Mean Green Juice to "reboot you system." Here's the recipe 1 cucumber, 4 celery stalks, 2 apples, 6-8 leaves kale, 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp ginger. Apparently you can lose 7-10 lbs in a week, and I know it will be a lot of water weight, but it's a start. I would love to be between 122-125. It's hard to know how many calories exactly are in these juices because when you juice, you're taking out all of the solid stuff and fiber from the fruit and vegetables. The website with the recipe for this juice says a whole batch is 373 calories. Let's round up to 400. Only 400 calories a day for a week? That's awesome :) That's 2800 in and if I need 2000 calories per day that's a burn of 14,000 this week. 14,000-2800= 11,200/3500= 3.2 lbs That means that even if a lot of the weight is water weight, at least 3.2 pounds of it will be real weight loss. I hope to use this experience to cleanse my body of toxins, lose weight, and think about spiritual matters in the days before Christmas. I hope I have the will power to make it through. Cheers <3




4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your juice fast. :)

    ------

    http://travellinglightandalone.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck sweetheart. Sounds like you're really serious =) Stay strong.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck :) You'll feel great afterwards, trust me xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did this work out for you? I wanted to Juice Fast so badly. But I can not afford to be buying fresh fruits every day or every week. I know it does work.

    Water weight or not I am right there with you. 10lbs is 10lbs.

    ReplyDelete